Recently, I shared how you can make money through the Twitch Affiliate Program. But, how exactly do you get an affiliate account? And, how do you set up a Twitch affiliate account? Learn all that and more in today’s post!
Welcome to Self-Publishing with Dale. If you want to learn how to publish your message, build your brand, and fulfill your ambition, then subscribe to this channel and turn on your notifications.
What’s the Deal with Twitch Creative?
Twitch Creative is a relatively new and somewhat untapped territory, but over these past couple weeks, I’ve shown you just how much you stand to gain in building your author platform through this avenue. Sure, you can produce content without using Twitch Creative. But, the beauty of Twitch Creative is that you can give your growing audience an inside peek at their favorite author.
Whether you’re sharing your writing process or personal insights about your books, Twitch Creatives is the perfect addition to your content marketing strategy.
Can You Make Money with Twitch Creative?
But, it doesn’t have to end there. You can make money by qualifying for the Twitch Affiliate Program which pays you through Twitch cheers, subscriptions and affiliate product purchases. To qualify for the Twitch Affiliate program, you need:
- At least 50 followers
- Reach an average of 3 viewers per live stream
- Live stream 8 hours of content over the past 30 days
- Streamed at least 7 different days in the past 30 days
Once you qualify for the Twitch Affiliate program, what exactly are you supposed to do then?
3 Simple Steps to Set Up a Twitch Affiliate Account
Good news for you, I documented the entire process and will show you step by step how to set up a Twitch Affiliate Account.
#1 Email Notification
Twitch will send you a notification via email that pretty much tells you what you did, how you did it, and what you can expect.
- Simply log into your Twitch account, then go to the Dashboard and select Channel under Settings on the left side.
- Click the “Get Started” button.
#2 Enable Two-Factor Authentication
Since you’ll be monetizing your Twitch channel, you’ll need to set up a security measure.
- Click the “Enable Two-Factor Authentication.”
- You’ll head to the Settings page, so then click the “Set up two-factor authentication” button.
- The process is intuitive, so I’m sure you can take that from here.
- Once you enable the two-factor authentication, head back to your dashboard and select channel under settings on the left side, then select “Get Started.”
#3 Twitch Affiliate Onboarding
You’re almost there, so stay with me for just a few more steps.
- Select “Step 1 of 4: Payout Registration.”
- Fill out all the pertinent information here including your actual name, birthdate, contact email, business name, and address.
- Now, click the “Continue” button to move onto step two of four: the Twitch Affiliate Agreement. Take your time and read the legal information so you know what you’re getting into.
- Once you’re set, select the “Agree” button. I’m not sure you’ll be able to progress forward if you select the “Disagree” button. Do so at your own risk.
- Now, you should be in step three of four, the tax interviews. Select the “Begin Royalty Tax Interview.” A pop-up will display to confirm all the information you filled out in the first step.
- Click the “Open Royalty Tax Interview Form.” Sadly, I’m not going to be able to tell you how to fill out your tax information since I’m not legally qualified. Hit up your CPA for details on how to fill out your tax information. For me, I filled out all my business information since I report all the earnings under my limited liability corporation.
- Once you’re set, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the tax interview. Then the “Exit Interview” button will redirect you to the Settings menu for the payout setup. Back in Settings, a yellow bar displays “UNDER REVIEW.” Give it a minute or two. If you properly filled the tax information, the bar will transition to a green “COMPLETED” bar.
- Next, select the “Begin Service Tax Interview.” Scroll down and select ”Open Service Tax Interview Form” button. Fill out the pertinent information just like you did before.
- Once set, click the “Submit” button followed by the “Exit interview” button to be redirected to the settings for the final step. Much like the royalty tax interview, the information will be briefly under review and then switch to completed once your information checks out.
- Scroll down and select the continue button.
The last step of four is the payout method which includes direct deposit, check, wire transfer, or PayPal. The last option of “hold payouts” minimizes transaction fees, so you can collect your paycheck whenever you want without the hassle of paying unnecessary fees. Twitch uses a third-party company who charges a transaction fee.
Once you accrue $100 in earnings, Twitch will finally pay you.
- Select the “Set Payout Method” button. Pick the payment method you wish to use and fill out the form appropriately.
- Once you’re set, click the “Next” button to go to the settings page. Once Twitch confirms the payout method, click the “Continue” button and you’re all set.
For the full video tutorial, watch the video below from the cued-up point.
That’s How to Set Up the Twitch Affiliate Account
That’s it, you’ve now officially set up your Twitch Affiliate Account. Now, just educate your audience about how to cheer during your live streams, subscribe to your channel for perks, and buy any relevant products in your channel’s affiliate links.
Would you like to know how I managed to get a Twitch Affiliate Account in one week? Then, you’ll want to stay tuned to this channel for all the details.
Until then, if you enjoyed this short tutorial, then share it with someone else who’d like it too. Till later, this has been Self-Publishing with Dale and I’ll catch you soon!